The International School Bake Off 2015
Carterknowle School Nutrition Action Group – The ‘Tooty Fruities’ regularly meet up to learn more about food and nutrition and discuss its opinion of school meals provided by Taylor Shaw. They have recently reviewed the new School Food Standards and decided they wanted to help Taylor Shaw develop more creative desserts containing 50% Fruit. To gain ideas from across the globe so we are running an International School Bake Off competition alongside a school in Pakistan and the USA!
Rules for Baking Comp
Criteria per entry:
- Desserts must contain at least 50% fruit (fresh, dried, tinned or fruit juice) and can be a combination of fruits.
- Fruit can be used for decoration and count towards 50% content and some can be used as a side portion.
- Individual cake portions ideally should weigh between 40-50g & individual biscuits ideally to weigh 25-30g.
- Recipes should be suitable for serving in schools.
- Recipes must include cost.
- Title of ‘The International Bake Off’ 2015 UK Winner
- YOUR recipe featured on the Taylor Shaw menu
- Winners Trophy
- Sheffield Cook Book, Taylor Shaw Cooking Apron and Food Hamper
*Certificate of Participation for all other recipes entered
Who can enter?
Pupils, Staff and Parents of Carterknowle School
How does it work?
There are three stages:
- Stage 1: Enter your best 50% Fruit recipe on the entry form provided together with a photograph of your dessert by April 13th 2015 at Carterknowle Reception or post to: Taylor Shaw, Unit 9 South West Centre, Troutbeck Road, Sheffield S7 2QA.
- Stage 2: Following anonymous paper judging by Taylor Shaw Nutrition Team, Area Manager and Carterknowle Cook the top recipes will be baked and tested.
- Stage 3: Final bakes will be judged by an expert team of judges – The Carterknowle SNAG ‘The Tooty Fruities’ including at least one Taylor Shaw representative. The winning recipe entrant will be contacted in June 2015 and invited to collect their prize at Carterknowle School on an agreed date.